[megami:31006] Re: AMS TV: An opinion. (And Spoiler! )

to megami@usagi.org
from Dennis Goens II <grrdraxin_r@yahoo.com>
subject [megami:31006] Re: AMS TV: An opinion. (And Spoiler! )
date Thu, 6 Jan 2005 20:42:57 -0800 (PST)
Don't want to ruin it? Don't read the bottom of this message.

I've just finisted watching the AMG TV episode.
The choice of themes is good for the beginning and the end theme starts
off like a blue-grass country song, odd but appropriate, I guess.

And all of below is indeed included. I used Mr. Hempsey's message as a
Spoiler spacer as well as my own

--- Richard Hempsey <rich@nekomi.cx> wrote:

> Well, I downloaded the first episode, watched it... and I have to
> say, I
> like it. A *lot*.
>
> There's a couple of comments about details within the show itself, so
> skip
> this message if you don't want to hear them.
>

> It's nice hearing the same cast again (with the exception of Sayoko,
> who's
> changed from Asami Junko to Noto Mamiko - not bad, actually!)
> Voiceover by
> Touma Yumi as Urd and Hisakawa Aya as Skuld is nice - even though Aya
> sounds
> *older* that her regular Skuld voice. (Again, not a bad thing -
> though I'm a
> big Aya fan. Love her singing voice. :)
>
> Character animation is, of course, not up to the quality of the
> movie, but
> it feels a bit better than the original OVAs, no doubt due to all the
> CGI.
> The character designs *feel* closer to the manga than the movie &
> OVAs.
> Heavenly special effects are taken right out of the movie, though -
> pure CG.
>
> As for music - both OP & ED are by Ishida Yoko. OP ('Open Your Mind')
> is
> beatiful... I want the single when it comes out. :)  ED... is so-so.
> The OP sequence itself introduces pretty much every single
> character...
> *except* Chihiro.  Goddesses, Keiichi, Sora & Sayoko & Megumi, Tamiya
> &
> Ootaki & Aoshima (plus the two of the NIT MCC), the two professors
> (whose
> names escape me), and interestingly, Marller, Senbei, at least two of
> the
> mini-ninjas, and a shadowy profile who's hair is unmistakably Hild!
>
> As for the story in the first episode... I'll let everybody else
> outside
> Japan download & watch it for themselves. :P

It starts off like my Gallaxies 4.0 screen saver, taking a brief
universal tour, showing some really weird nebula formations and the
like, it then centers on earth and then goes into some diagrams of that
I assume is the "Earth System". Of course it's much like watching some
of the archaic structures and "circuts" that represents the goddess'
magic/programs, then turns into a history of earth and it's evolution
to modern day. Then we literally zoom in from the "Heavens" through a
wormhole into space above earth and to Japan, a building, and then into
Keiichi's window. Very flashy start.

We see K1's attempt to ask Sayoko out on a date(rejected) in a tacky
green pin-strip brazer coat. There also seems to be a MST(mytory
science theater) commentary going on (Belldandy?) whenever something
bad happens to K1. which, include being late for school, the rejection
by Sayoko, and when Tamiya and Ootaki literally carry him away just
after a class.

Seems to me that the commentaries are dirrected at establishing K1's
qualifications for a wish..... Tamiya and Ootaki are still loudmouths,
and run a mobile vehicle repair service on campus. Keiichi really
causes a rukus (bigtime) driving through the school halls, going after
someone who has to pay for the repair.

For most of the rest of the episode Keiichi just keeps running into
more trouble, Not nearly as bad as one Seina Yamada from GXP but Kei is
beginning to come a close second. And of course we do see Bell activate
some program and then patiently wait by her heavenly phone for a call.

Goodness, he gets his "Call" on the first try, and we even get treated
to watching the Yggdrasil system work, though it sounds more like an
old machine switching gears and Tron-like internet traffic. The episode
ends just after Belldandy arrives to grant K1's wish.

====
Dennis "GrrDraxin" Goens - The Lost God
"We are the Otaku. You will be animized  (anime-ized). Your visual
and audible distinctiveness  will be added to our own. You will adapt
to being collected and viewed by us. Resistance is unlikely (futile)."
                                            --- Lord GrrDraxin
Sig Revision version 3.5
Copyright © 1999-2005 GrrDraxin Industries

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs