[megami:30948] Re: Where was the OVA based?(and site comment needed)

to megami@usagi.org
from Rax xar <rax_paul@yahoo.com>
subject [megami:30948] Re: Where was the OVA based?(and site comment needed)
date Sat, 4 Dec 2004 17:55:52 -0800 (PST)
I doubt there will be corner-cutting.  There may be
> some modifications in the anime over the manga, but
> that's standard practice for all manga-to-anime or
> novel-to-anime titles.

That's what I meant about corner cutting >.<
I hope you're right about going  the "You're Under
Arrest" route.

and thanks for the heads up  on the  live action
series I was just toying with the idea of buying a VCD
of that series.

BTW do you know of a good place to buy anime Manila?

--- AstroNerdBoy <usr1054@astronerdboy.com> wrote:

> > >With only five OAV episodes and roughly 8 volumes
> of
> > > manga out at the time, obviously something had
> > > give in the OAV.  :-)  But at least we'll get a
> > > proper TV series now.  Yay! :-D
> > >

> > With only 26 episodes and it will start again at
> the
> > begining of the Manga? I'm betting some corners
> would
> > have to be cut again, but at least there will be
> more
> > artwork around and new songs ^_^
>
> I doubt there will be corner-cutting.  There may be
> some modifications in the anime over the manga, but
> that's standard practice for all manga-to-anime or
> novel-to-anime titles.
>
> Generally, 8 volumes of manga go into a 26-episode
> TV series.  So I would suspect we'd see the first 8
> volumes of AMS converted to 26 TV episodes.  If the
> ratings are good after that, then they could do more
> episodes off of more volumes of manga.
>
> Of course, they could go the "You're Under Arrest",
> ;-)  There were only 8 volumes of that manga, yet it
> produced a 4-episode OAV, a 47-episode TV series, a
> movie, a mini-episode TV special series (with 1
> full-length episode), a 2nd regular TV
> series, and finally an OAV spinoff.  ^_^

====
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</DIV>

<DIV>"Nevermind, gods play tricks on us, if there are gods. </DIV>
<DIV>Gods or no gods do not matter; that is what makes life what it is".</DIV>
<DIV>----Lord Toranaga Yoshi</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>"I don't know if something you like is <BR>suppose to be filled only with fun,
<BR>but if it's something you <STRONG><U>REALLY</U></STRONG> like, <BR>you won't ever
come to hate it."---Belldandy</DIV><br>
<DIV><A href="http://www.projectgoddess.marvinsweb.com/">www.projectgoddess.marvinsweb.com</A></DIV>

<DIV><br><A href="http://www.projectgoddess.cjb.net/">www.projectgoddess.cjb.net</A></DIV>

<DIV> </DIV>