[megami:30947] Re: Where was the OVA based?(and site comment needed)

to <megami@usagi.org>
from "'CuSO4' Yung" <cuso4@cuso4.com>
subject [megami:30947] Re: Where was the OVA based?(and site comment needed)
date Sun, 5 Dec 2004 03:20:14 +0800
> From: "AstroNerdBoy" <usr1054@astronerdboy.com>
[Taiho : live action TV drama series]
> Unwatchable.  I saw the first episode and was just stunned.
> It was cool seeing 'Today' as a real vehicle, but Miyuki
> was very miscast and it went downhill from there.

Agreed 1000%.

> I asked a Japanese friend about this.  He said that many times,
> producers of live-action series based on anime-manga don't
> bother understanding the source material.

That is correct, unless that director has experience directing
anime, e.g. Anno, Oshii, etc.

> I had thought that Fujishima-sensei was involved in the
> live-action version, but maybe that wasn't true.  It seems
> hard to believe he'd let it get trashed so badly. :-/

No, he was not.  Once the right got bought, he had no
control whatsoever on the series.....

--
'CuSO4' Yung
cuso4@cuso4.com, cuso4@cuso4.jp, cuso4@manbow.com, cuso4@computer.org