[megami:30943] Re: Where was the OVA based?(and site comment needed)

to megami@usagi.org
from Rax xar <rax_paul@yahoo.com>
subject [megami:30943] Re: Where was the OVA based?(and site comment needed)
date Fri, 3 Dec 2004 18:43:23 -0800 (PST)
>With only five OAV episodes and roughly 8 volumes of
> manga out at the time, obviously something had to
> give in the OAV.  :-)  But at least we'll get a
> proper TV series now.  Yay! :-D

With only 26 episodes and it will start again at the
begining of the Manga? I'm betting some corners would
have to be cut again, but at least there will be more
artwork around and new songs ^_^

--- AstroNerdBoy <usr1054@astronerdboy.com> wrote:

> > Hi all,
> >
> > After reading some TPBs for the second time(I have
> > specific conditions on when I can read one in the
> past
> > but now I changed it since I had to do the
> summaries
> > for my site)
> >
> > I realized that 1-555-Goddess,Leader of the Pack
> and
> > Final Exam had some scenes which are quite similar
> > the plots from the OVA's.
> > However the way the story went in the TPB, is very
> > different compared to the OVA example:"What
> Belldandy
> > Wants Most" from the final exam is very similar to
> the
> > last episode of the OVA, Keiichi buys a ring for
> > Belldandy but there was no threat of "bug
> invasion".
> >
> > Did they modify the story to suite the very short
> 5
> > epsiode limit?(with Fujishima's permission?)
> >

> As I understand it, Fujishima-sensei was involved in
> the OAV (and the movie) production is some form or
> other.  It is pretty standard practice for an anime
> title to be different than the original manga (or
> novels) as the anime is an adaptation.
> Sometimes the differences are small and sometimes
> they are great.
>
> With only five OAV episodes and roughly 8 volumes of
> manga out at the time, obviously something had to
> give in the OAV.  :-)  But at least we'll get a
> proper TV series now.  Yay! :-D

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited