[megami:30915] Re: I hope AMG figures won't be like this....

to megami@usagi.org
from Albert Lunde <atlunde@panix.com>
subject [megami:30915] Re: I hope AMG figures won't be like this....
date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:10:44 -0400
On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 09:27:45AM -0700, Rax xar wrote:
> I hope AMG figures won't be like this....
> http://www9.ocn.ne.jp/%7Eryu-ns/rfile/aya.html
[...]
> *pauses a bit, well okey a little part of me does but
> only .05% ok? Why would Gainax do such "extreme" fan
> service? Would you like to see an AMG figure of that
> sort?

Looking at the stuff I've seen of Rei and/or Asuka
that didn't come from the Eva anime, but did come
from quasi-official sources (things like art books
and the recent alternate-reality game), I get the
impression Gainax is trying to sell whatever
the market will bear in terms of Eva fandom.

I don't see a corresponding trend in marketing AMS,
though there's always been fan works all over the
"adult content" landscape.  About the time the movie
came out, it seemed like there was an increase
in product tie-ins, and I assume the new TV series
will have the same effect. But everything I've seen
that was from official sources was within reasonable
bounds of good taste. A swimsuit picture/figure of
Bell would be in character: a blatently suggestive
post wouldn't be in character. (Urd or Peorth might
be logical suspects for that, however...)

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs