[megami:30822] Re: Dark horse to stop printing AMG!

to <megami@usagi.org>, <megami@usagi.org>
from AstroNerdBoy <usr1054@astronerdboy.com>
subject [megami:30822] Re: Dark horse to stop printing AMG!
date Sun, 22 Aug 2004 5:22:41 -0600
> > > But don't panic just yet, they will continue to print it in TPB
> > > format, it is only the monthy comics that will end after
> > the Sora unleashed arc.
> > >
> > > Dave Ross.
> > > "The geek shall inherit the earth"

Personally, having the monthly's dropped and a switch to the manga volumes only is
good.  However, the comic books allowed those who got those to see the art in a larger
form (though flipped).

Since manga has basically gone mainstream with bookstores having 2-3 entire shelving
units devoted to manga volumes (sorry, the Japanese names for these volumes is slipping
my still-sleepy mind), Dark Horse need not reply on the comic book market.  I
suspect that they were losing money there.  Why?  Because people were spending money
on the manga volumes.  TokyoPop has been known to release some volumes on a monthly
basis.  So customers would rather get an entire volume every month or two rather
than a single chapter a month.

At some point, DH may decide to convert AMG to the unflipped format.  I hope if they
do that, they tweak the translations some to remove some domestication that was put
in (eg: removing references that Bell took K1 to a porn theater while she was
under the influence of Urd's love potion).  I'd also like to see all of the Japanese
honorifics put back in, but then I'm just that kind of goober.  ;-P

-ANB

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited