[megami:30817] Re: AMG 2005 Calendar

to megami@usagi.org
from Chris and Meryl Jefferson <SectionNine@comcast.net>
subject [megami:30817] Re: AMG 2005 Calendar
date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 17:28:31 -0400
Agreed.

Typical rump ranger stuff from the Japanese exchequer. Putting the tax
into the manga price hides the true cost of taxation and makes the
average salaryman more amenable to tax increases down the road.

Be Seeing You,

Chris
On Friday, August 20, 2004, at 05:01 PM, AstroNerdBoy wrote:

>>> Also, when I ordered the calendar it was only ¥2381.  Why it was
>>> cheaper, I couldn't tell you.
>>
>> A new law is in effect starting 2004.04.01 in Japan that all
>> list price must have already included the 5% Sales Tax.
>>

> That's evil.  The Japanese government is trying to disguise how much
> tax they are collecting by making merchants display the price with > tax.
>
> Still, that's interesting to know.  I hadn't paid attention to whether
> or not the list price had dropped 5% or not on my recent purchase of
> the "Shin Tenchi Muyo!" novels because shipping charges are so
> expensive.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited