[megami:30805] Re: AMG TV in BS-i

to <megami@usagi.org>
from AstroNerdBoy <usr1054@astronerdboy.com>
subject [megami:30805] Re: AMG TV in BS-i
date Sun, 1 Aug 2004 9:50:51 -0600
> --- 'CuSO4' Yung <cuso4@cuso4.com> wrote:
> > Sorry for late reply.  No, BS-i is not an anime
> > channel.
> > It's only a normal satellite channel with very few
> > anime
> > programs.
> >
> > Direct TV can now be watched in US ?  That's nice.
> ========
>
> No, DirectTV is a satelite TV service that competes
> with traditional cable TV services in the US.  There's
> another called The Dish Network, but it doesn't offer
> as many channels and it doesn't have 2-way high speed
> satelite Internet access like DirectTV offers.
>
> In the US we have The Anime Network.  This is
> available only on certain cable TV services.  Its
> Video-On-Demand, meaning you look through a menu of
> programs you want to watch, select the Anime you want
> to see and its downloaded to a hard drive inside you
> digital cable TV set-top box.  The network its
> available everywhere, but I hear there are rumored
> plans to make a 24hour anime channel similar to
> Cartoon Network which doesn't depend on
> Video-On-Demand technology.  The rumor surrounds Adult
> Swim on Cartoon Network, but I haven't been able to
> confirm it.

Anime Network is an ADV-owned network, thus their library is all ADV titles (if there
are others, I'm not aware of it, but then I don't have access to the channel).  I
believe FUNimation is one of the companies looking to help do an Adult Swim styled

anime channel.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited