[megami:30804] Re: AMG TV in BS-i

to megami@usagi.org
from Michael Haney <zorchhaney@yahoo.com>
subject [megami:30804] Re: AMG TV in BS-i
date Sun, 1 Aug 2004 06:27:40 -0700 (PDT)
--- 'CuSO4' Yung <cuso4@cuso4.com> wrote:
> Sorry for late reply.  No, BS-i is not an anime
> channel.
> It's only a normal satellite channel with very few
> anime
> programs.
>
> Direct TV can now be watched in US ?  That's nice.
=========

No, DirectTV is a satelite TV service that competes
with traditional cable TV services in the US.  There's
another called The Dish Network, but it doesn't offer
as many channels and it doesn't have 2-way high speed
satelite Internet access like DirectTV offers.

In the US we have The Anime Network.  This is
available only on certain cable TV services.  Its
Video-On-Demand, meaning you look through a menu of
programs you want to watch, select the Anime you want
to see and its downloaded to a hard drive inside you
digital cable TV set-top box.  The network its
available everywhere, but I hear there are rumored
plans to make a 24hour anime channel similar to
Cartoon Network which doesn't depend on
Video-On-Demand technology.  The rumor surrounds Adult
Swim on Cartoon Network, but I haven't been able to
confirm it.

====
--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney