Re: my decision

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from David E Wills <dwills@world.std.com>
subject Re: my decision
date Thu, 2 Nov 1995 03:48:53 +0001 (EST)

On Wed, 1 Nov 1995 KittyGirls@aol.com wrote:

> sure the same thing will happen and when *we're* in our 70's or 80's,  the
> young awestruck fans of the future will be asking *us* about the Golden Age,
> *The Good Old Days* of Anime Fandom, just as I sat there, in that convention

Sadly, it's been a very personal thing for me. It wasn't until just two
years ago (that'd be over a decade after seeing Speed Racer) that I met
some anime fan face to face. Oh, I have quite a number of "virtual"
friends throughout the world but any within walking distance? Driving
distance? Not really. I've never experienced the comradery those pioneers
of anime fandom had, crowded around the TV, watching a fuzzy Nth
generation tapes of Gatchaman or Astro Boy smuggled out of Japan. Perhaps
even someone translating on the fly... Heck, I still haven't gone to the
clubs in MA (MIT's and Boston University's).

Hmm, I seem to be rambling again. Gomen...

> in my heart that someday it will be the same for us. And ahh the tales we'll
> be able to tell!!

I just hope I'll have a working CD-Rom by then. At my current rate of
non-action, I'll never dispose of this NEC drive. (And the CD's just keep
piling up...)

 |The American anime industry created this otaku, and now it
 |has abandoned it.
 |                      Fansubs forever!
 |
 |dwills@world.std.com     1:322/360  Sol 3, Sector 4
 |David.Wills@xevious.com  1:322/361  Quadrant 3, Milky Way
 |      :)~  Official Raving Fidonet Hentai Lunatic  :)~
 |      IBM free anime file trader, send mail for rules!
 http://world.std.com/~dwills/index.htm

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited