[megami:30733] Re: Sakura Taisen Videography(OT)?

to <megami@usagi.org>
from "'CuSO4' Yung" <cuso4@cuso4.com>
subject [megami:30733] Re: Sakura Taisen Videography(OT)?
date Sun, 16 May 2004 14:06:13 +0800
> From: "Rax" <rax.paul@eudoramail.com>
> I know this news is probably like 2 years old now but after
> seeing the DVD of the Sakura wars OVA (sumire's resignation)
> had a few questions:
>
> 1.Does the live  action version have the same story as the
> one on the DVD?

There is not a live action version of the DVD episode.  The
"live action" one is the spring Kayou show having Sumire's
retirement.  Some cuts in the anime DVD are very similar
to the Kayou show one.  The Kayou show one is actually
released earlier than the anime one.

> 2.What was the real reason why sumire(her seiyuu) left?

Marriage; Sakura Taisen works too time consuming.

> 3.Is my videography correct for the sakura wars series
>    1.Sakura Wars part 1&2(the one shown on AXN)
>    2.Sakura Wars OVA(sumire's resignation)
>    3.Sakura Wars En colle de Paris(not sure of the
>      spelling though).

For anime only:
1. Sakura Taisen OVA Series 1
2. Sakura Taisen TV Series
3. Sakura Taisen OVA Series 2
4. Sakura Taisen Movie
5. Sumire Retirement
6. Sakura Taisen OVA Series 3 (Paris Hanagumi)

IMHO, OVA Series 2 is best.

> 4.Who were the 2 new charachters the grey haired boy
> and the long haired girl (So far I have only seen the
> AXN and the OVA on DVD).

Reni and Orihime.  Both were originally Star-gumi
members.  After the disband of Star-gumi, they
join the Hana-gumi.  Reni is from Germany.  Orihime
is from Italy, and her father is a Japanese painter.
Note: both are female.

> 5.Is it still possible to follow the series without
> playing the games and watching the live version/stage
> version of sakura wars?

Yes, you can.  I have never played any of the games.
Being a seiyuu fan, Kayou show is my preference.  But
the happenings in Kayou shows do not interfere anything
from the anime, so you can treat them as different
universe.

> *whew*
> thanks very much for your time!!

You are welcome.