Re: my decision

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from SHIMIZU KENJI <s991775@yamata.icu.ac.jp>
subject Re: my decision
date Thu, 2 Nov 1995 16:26:38 +0900 (JST)

On Wed, 1 Nov 1995, Ryo wrote:

> >One does not "outgrow" anime. Once you're a fan, you can never turn back.

 Actually, that only half true. The thing is, most (almost all) Japanese kids
are "Fans" of anime/comics. Then, when they grow-up (older) they start to
"grow out of it". This doesn't mean that they abandon anime/comics, but
they are less energetic about it. It becomes a part of their life, (but
not all) and therefore, they are "fans" but not an energetic one. (In
Japan, when one claims to be a "Fan" of something, they are REALLY
interested and energetic about it....(Conclusion) You can turn back by
not being a fan, but you can't turn back on anime/comic

> A love ends for real? I think real passions never die.I bet I will never
> get tired of manga and anime,our parents had their own passions (generally
> music or cinema),we have manga and anime too and I'm really glad of it.

 ...I always have this fear of "Not being able to have enough FUNDS for
this expensive hobby (anime)"...

						Kenji Shimizu

Search field Search string

archive list