[megami:30676] Re: AMG TV?

to megami@usagi.org
from Michael Haney <zorchhaney@yahoo.com>
subject [megami:30676] Re: AMG TV?
date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:07:23 -0700 (PDT)
--- 'CuSO4' Yung <cuso4@cuso4.com> wrote:
> Second, as said before, there is no known photo of
> onee-chan's husband on the net.  She is trying very
> hard to protect her privacy (husband and daughter).
> She only talks about her daughter during encore
> section of her concert events.
----------

Not surprising since she is a very popular VA and pop
idol in Japan.  Even Yu Suzuki (music composer and
videogame designer) has to wear a disquise when he
goes out on the street or he will be overrun by fans.
The same is probably true for Megumi Hayashibara as
well.

Any J-pop stars in Japan are as big there as are many
of the groups in the US are really big here.  Take
Morning Mismumi for instance, I saw an article that
compared their popularity in Japan to the Beatles in
the US.  Now if only some of incredible solo artists
and groups could crossover into the US music scene.
You can get J-Pop CDs from import shops and on most
sites that sell Anime, but it would be nice to see
their music hit the mainstream here.  After listening
to Japan-A-Radio (a broadband cable or DSL connection
is recommended), broadcast via Shoutcast out of
California (Winamp or another Shoutcast compatible MP3
player program is needed to tune in), I noticed that a
lot of J-pop groups and solo artists exist in Japan
and  a great majority of them are really good.  A lot
of J-Pop stars also do some work as VAs for Anime or
compose music for Anime.

My favorite solo artist right now is Megumi
Hayashibara.

====
--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney