AMG TV [was Re: AMG Vol.28 and May Afternoon]

to <megami@usagi.org>
from "'CuSO4' Yung" <cuso4@cuso4.com>
subject AMG TV [was Re: AMG Vol.28 and May Afternoon]
date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 04:57:35 +0800
> From: "Steven Avery" <Stevenav@comcast.net>
> Anyone have  word on who the voice actors will be?

No info yet, but I suspect they will keep the
originals, as there is already a fan base out there.

> Goodness I hope that they keep the original voice actresses for Bell,
Skuld,
> and Urd... They just all seem to fit the characters so well... Besides, I
> just can't think of anyone that could do Bell better than Inoue Kikuko.

Okamura Akemi is passable, and has replaced Kikuko earlier.
Sawashiro Miyuki and Kikuchi Shouko have similar roles in
Kokoro Library and R.O.D.TV recently, and they are also
passable.

Also, in Matantei Loki Ragnarok, they have a different set
of Norns, and their Verthandi is Noto Mamiko.

But of course, being a Onee-chan fans, I think they WILL
retain the original cast.

> Also, I know it's all speculation,  but I'm curious about if they'll take
it
> down a different path than the manga or not.

They can take some arc from the manga and add some
of their own.

> The reason I say that is because a lot of my reason for loving the series
is
> the stunning artwork and gradual story building (which seems to have
stalled
> in my opinion).. both of which are great for a Manga... but not so great
for
> an Anime. So while things like the recent broom race, and the Demon Angel
> arc (and the angel eater arc) might be good for action... there are lots
of
> arcs that would just end up falling flat on TV (Ms. Keiichi, and stuff
like
> the hill climb race for example) not because they are bad stories, but
> because they relied on visuals and story arcs that might not transfer well
> to TV. For AMS! to succeed as an anime I think it'll need to give people a
> unique reason to tune in for 100 plus eps (naruto is already up to 76 eps
> and counting, and it just keeps on getting better), and I'm not sure that
> the standing story'll be enough.

Since it will be a TV series, the art work will be rush
and will be below OVA's standard.

If they could not find a long term sponser (merchandizing
is the key element of sponsorship.  Since AMG would not
sell goods like Gundam or Sailor Moon, I do not think a
lont term sponser is available), most likely the TV series
will be either 1 season (12/13 episodes) or 2 seasons
(24/26 episodes).

For a one season long TV series, not much can be shown
and the plot will tends to be simple, with one or 2
story arc at most, and a big cliffhanger moment in the
second last episode.

For a 2 season long TV series, filler episodes can be
expected.  Then some of the manga filler arc can find
a place in the series.

I have checked AIC's pages but they have nothing yet.
Maybe we sould wait longer before making any more
assumptions......

Personally, I do not want a TV series, but a second
OVA series.

--
'CuSO4' Yung
cuso4@cuso4.com, cuso4@manbow.com, cuso4@computer.org