Re: we are all doomed check out this article

to <megami@usagi.org>
from "'CuSO4' Yung" <cuso4@cuso4.com>
subject Re: we are all doomed check out this article
date Sun, 25 Jan 2004 02:05:58 +0800
> From: "David Mandalis" <mandalis@earthlink.net>
> This is in English but from a Japanese newspaper
> http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/waiwai/index.html
>
> So if you read manga in public at least frown

First, I would like to point out some error in the column.  Unlike people
from the States, Japanese never treat manga as "for children only" nor
"trash".  Also, why should a man reading manga in Japan care what the
American thinks.

The column apparently target at foreign (non-Japanese) readers.  Reading on
train is common in Japan, whether or not its fiction, magazine, or manga.
Of course, not all people in Japan like other people reading manga on train,
but they are not the majority.

--
'CuSO4' Yung
cuso4@cuso4.org, cuso4@cuso4.com, cuso4@manbow.com, cuso4@computer.org