Re: "too much included text"

to megami@usagi.org
from Albert Lunde <Albert-Lunde@northwestern.edu>
subject Re: "too much included text"
date Sat, 29 Nov 2003 22:09:33 -0500
On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 12:01:17AM +0000, Gavin Lee wrote:
> Does anyone know what this means?  I keep trying to reply but I always get
> this message?
> This ML does not accept mail with too much included text.

That would be a rule based on something like the ratio of lines
starting with ">" vs. lines starting with something else.

(I don't know that exact critera, as far as I know, Hitoshi Doi isn't
running one of the big, well-known list management systems, but something
with local modifications. But this isn't an unusual feature for
e-mail list software...)

The idea is to force people to quote only important context, not, say,
quote an entire digest, and add two lines. If you really _need_ to
get around the limit you probably could format a reply differently.

But try deleting more of the context first.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs