Re: Hello ^-^ - help to translate AMG manga & a question

to megami@usagi.org
from Brian Welch <bwelchz7@yahoo.com>
subject Re: Hello ^-^ - help to translate AMG manga & a question
date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 05:34:41 -0800 (PST)
--- Anij <hanabi23@freenet.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am a 28 years old girl from Germany and I love AMG since the
> moment it was published in Germany.

Welcome! There are a few of your countrymen around here, I think.
Christian, you here somewhere?

> I cannot tell you where to find the translations for chapter 179.
> But you can find translations up to chapter 178 here:
>             http://nekomikodai.otakalypse.com/manga/upcoming.html^

Actually, Edward only has published up to Ch 174. Ch's 175-178 are
just dummy links for now. He does an exemplary job.

> The last thing I wanna tell you in my very first post in a mailing
> list is a question, that troubles me for quite some time,
concerning > Urd. Okay, it's more than just ONE question...
> What about Hild?
> I mean, how was she able to get "pregnant" from Kami-sama himself?
> Okay, pregnant might not be the best word, but I think, you know,
> what I mean. How can the most powerfull god ant the most powerfull
> demon get together?
> Has anybody ever wonderes about this?

Oh, yes, this touches on one of the hottest debates in AMS circles.
I, for one, don't believe that Kami-sama is the father of the
goddesses. Despite the fact that both Anime-Eigo and Studio Proteus
(Dark Horse) have translated 'Kami-sama' as 'father', there is not
one shred of evidence that he actually is the father of the goddess
sisters. On the other hand, there are several indications and at
least one piece of hard evidence that he is not. Unfortunately, there
isn't enough evidence either way to conclusively say yes or no.

So, you see I don't have any problem with figuring out how Hild and
Kami-sama could have gotten together, since I don't believe that they
ever did. It was another, as-yet-unnamed god (Balder?) who fathered
Urd with Hild.

> And what about the former friendship between Urd and Mara
> (Marller)? Somewhere in the manga they were supposed to be friends
> untill they both chose a different way.
> Does that mean, Asgaard and Nifleheim once were close together?

Or, perhaps demon and god children normally play with each other
before taking up their duties? Or, perhaps Hild encouraged Mara to
play with the children of the gods, or at least with Urd and her
sisters. Hild has had her eye on Urd for a long time, probably ever
since she gave Urd up.

> I hope you came to this point at last.
> The other mails on this list seemed rather short ^_~

The list has been very quiet lately. Much less traffic than usual.
This post wasn't long at all compared to some of the stuff from the
"old days". ^_^

Brian W.

Search field Search string

archive list