Re: AMS has grown up

to <megami@usagi.org>
from "Steven Avery" <stevenav@comcast.net>
subject Re: AMS has grown up
date Tue, 7 Oct 2003 01:49:12 -0700
While I'll admit that we haven't seen anything that definatively even hints
at K1 doing anything like "ascending" there are a few points in the story
that need to be brought up.

First, K1's ability to support an angel.
Peorth commented on how strange it is for someone from midgard to be able to
do so.

Second, when K1's mother and father appeared, I was struck by how youthful
she looks, compared to k1's dad that is, and K1's father dreamed of seeing
Bell in her true form singing in a tree and didn't seem at all put out by
the strangeness of the events ongoing at the temple.

Third, K1 has been showing a greater and greater proclivity for being able
to see beyond the reality that normal humans see (the mechanical creatures
from recent chapters to be specific are a perfect example of this.

In all, I'm still thinking that K1's mother is a goddess herself, giving K1
some of the blood of the gods running in his veins.  Notice how you never
get to see his mother's forehead even once in the whole time she is there...
her hair always seems to convieniently be in the way.

Gotta remember, this is Japan, where they never saw anything dubious with
the concept that the emperor has the blood of Amaterasu running in their
veins.

There have even been a few instances where K1 has said some odd things...
like when cool mint as taken out of him by Rind and he commented "again" I
think... as if he'd lost something like it before.

Me, I'm not going to say he will ascend... but I think that it will turn out
the K1 is more than he himself thinks that he is. And this would go a long
way toward making Skulds refusal to accept him as worthy of Bell become
invalidated

Just my opinion