RE: Urd's Angel

to <megami@ml.usagi.org>
from "Les" <les@gateway.cjb.net>
subject RE: Urd's Angel
date Sun, 14 Sep 2003 02:51:18 +0800

Elegance?

> I just thought this might be some foreshadowing on Fujishima's part,
since
> consider Urds wish to become a full goddess to be one of the major
sub-
> plots
> of the manga.

I doubt that it will be necessary to "purify" World of Elegance. In the
first place, who said that WOE is half-devil? An angel is a mirror of
the goddess but just because Urd has demon blood, it doesn't mean that
WOE has likewise. WOE's black markings and irises of different color
evidently reflect Urd's demon heritage, but it should be remembered that
she came from an ordinary angel egg, not a tainted (or demon-angel) one
like Tsukai. Thus unlike that latter, WOE is 100% angel unless we assume
that when Urd ingested the angel egg, she transferred her heritage to
WOE. Based on the principle of parsimony, I'd rather stick to that view
that WOE is 100% angel but merely reflects Urd's heritage through her
appearance.

Les
Webmaster, Gateway to the Goddesses
http://gateway.cjb.net