Re: [AMS] Question for Belldandy.

to megami@ml.usagi.org
from zboy@polygon-comics.com
subject Re: [AMS] Question for Belldandy.
date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:53:05 -0700
Sounds more like the shrines are like phone booths.

No one really resides in a shrine. However, a shrine at which there is
felt a presence, is likened to that of a phone having a dial-tone. Your
prayers allow you to dial out to give or recieve your message. Shrines
which have lost that feeling can be thought of as being "disconnected".

People who carry charms upon their person can be thought of as having
celphones. But with better reception.

Maybe that's too materialistic of a view to take...

Wing.

On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 09:26 AM, Terragrieve@aol.com wrote:

> I'm guessing every Shinto shrine contains the equivalent of the
> infinite
> within it, because it represents the infinite, and it's only your
> nearsighted
> lust
>
> for power and understanding, that keeps you from looking within
> yourself,
> where the true self dwells, and there is peace, look under a stone,
> there I
> am,
>
> turn over a leaf, there I am?

Search field Search string