Re: Skuld's got rank.

to megami@ml.usagi.org
from Brian Welch <bwelchz7@yahoo.com>
subject Re: Skuld's got rank.
date Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:08:54 -0700 (PDT)
--- Terragrieve@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/1/03 12:28:07 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
> hcobb@io.com
> writes:
>

> > So if Kamisama ain't her dad, he's still a close relative.
>
> I am unfamiliar with much of Amg, (guess it's a good thing I joined
> this list)  can you tell me what Kamisama is?

Kami is translated literally from the Japanese as simply "god", just
as megami is translated as "goddess". Sama is a suffix denoting great
respect, equivalent to "lord" in English. Depending upon whom you
talk to, Kamisama (I usually spell it Kami-sama) is either Odin or
the Supreme Being. I tend towards Odin, since Kami-sama doesn't seem
to be very supreme at all.

> Or about the Heavenly Hiearchy?   I
> haven't done too much searching (although I have browsed quite a
> few sites) but I
> don't find many sites on the internet that go into the Ah! My
> Goddess comic details,

Not much is known about Heaven's organization.

Brian Welch

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited