Re: Skuld's got rank.

to <megami@ml.usagi.org>
from "'CuSO4' Yung" <cuso4@cuso4.com>
subject Re: Skuld's got rank.
date Mon, 2 Jun 2003 19:00:29 +0800
> From: "Henry J. Cobb" <hcobb@io.com>
> What sort of exam do you need to pass to get a job like that?
> Does it require an advanced degree?
> Or is it something you're born into, like being Kamisama?

Probably born into, but not necessarily Kamisama.

> We've seen lots of minor spirits and heaven office girls and Skuld's got
> rank over all of them, even though most are older than she is.

Age and rank are not proportional.  A young king can command
an order knight.  A young General can give order to a old
Major.

> When she's got hands on the Yggdrasil control panel, where is Skuld
> sitting?  Is it down there with the tech support staff or is it at a
> higher level?

From the mange, I would say quite high.

> Skuld is part of Heaven's nobility.  She was born to privilege and
> sometimes it goes to her head.
>
> She is not your garden variety goddess.

I agree with your observation here.

> There are two possibilities as to why this is so.
> At least one of her parents was from the highest ranks of the divine
> nobility.  And given that Urd is of the same rank as Skuld, this must have
> been the father.

Maybe so, but we do not have any evidence on this.  However, I still
do not see why having the same rank must have something about their
father.

For example, if their mothers have the same rank, and if their common
father has a lower ranking than their mothers, they would have similar
ranking.

I am not saying that this is the case, I am just raising a counter
example here.

> and/or

IMHO, no "and".  See above.

> She is an eternal spirit.  She has existed as long as there has been a
> future and she has been reincarnated over and over again, like the Dalai
> Lama.

Interesting theory.  This may be so, but we still do not have evidence.

--
'CuSO4' Yung
cuso4@cuso4.org, cuso4@cuso4.com,

Search field Search string