Re: chobits

to megami@ml.usagi.org
from B Smith <ifuritaoni@yahoo.com>
subject Re: chobits
date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:49:25 -0800 (PST)
That would depend on if it is better or worse than the
manga.

Though, technically, as civic minded adults, we should
endorse the soon-to-be released official DVD series
rather than spend money on bootlegs.

Note that I fully support the efforts of fansubtitlers
whom
A) do many anime series that most companies didn't
import or look at until very recently, such as Gundam
b) are a great way to preview a lot of series I would
otherwise not have seen yet but and now very
interested in purchasing (such as I My Me Strawberry
Eggs, Magic Snow Fairy Sugar and Noir)

But I think we should, as a general rule, avoid
publically endorsing or promoting not-quite-legal
anime on this board.

This is not a matter of being a spoilsport as much as
it is about helping encourage the offical companies as
to encourage them in producing/exporting more anime to
the US and more importantly avoid the possible (though
remote) chance of Pioneer (I think they are the
company doing Chobits) coming after the Megami-sama
mailing list.

How is everyone surviving the snow?
^_^
B Smith

--- Joseph Babis <joe198131@hotmail.com> wrote:

> ------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C2D562.9FD198E0
> 	charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> If anyone wants or needs the chobits series let me
> know i have most of
> it.  Jap. dialog english subs.
> or if there is anything else i can look for ya let
> me know.
>

> Joe
> ------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C2D562.9FD198E0

Search field Search string