Re: OT: Hack Sign anime

to megami@ml.usagi.org
from David Mandalis <mandalis@earthlink.net>
subject Re: OT: Hack Sign anime
date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:31:45 -0500
--------------070005060103010503010603

Hi

I have seen about 10 eps, and the music is fantastic.  Some of the
concepts/gags are strictly for people familiar with Net RPG's.  You have
to pay attention to every scene though, because even though they do
flashbacks they have to be taken in context.  It's any interesting
concept, where you go into the gamezone of Belldandy's universe.  It
would be pretty interesting if there was more crossover.  My only
complaint is the main character is depressed as bad as the Shinji
character in Evangelion and reacts the same way (maybe that's where he
trips off to on his headphones), so instead of going to the systems
people for help he just staggers around and wonders why he gets beat on.
 I like the multiple agendas that you see being worked out, but to what
end (someone simply has to hit the reset switch on all the servers and
restart from an archived point, and apologize later) with a simple fix
available.

dave m.

Dennis Goens II wrote:

>Look it's Neve's Crossing! (A song from the Unreal
>Mission Pack) Very good one indeed.
>
>But now to go off topic but not off anime... Who has
>heard of ".Hack//Sign"? I've downloaded the fansubbed
>first episode and it looks relitively good. It's like
>taking Everquest and making an anime out of it, with
>the main character getting trapped in the game. Kinda
>like a Tron thing...
>
>Any comments?
>

>--- NeveQueen@aol.com wrote:
>

>>Hihi all,