Re: OT: Hack Sign anime

to Dennis Goens II <grrdraxin_r@yahoo.com>
cc megami@ml.usagi.org
from John Hummel <jhummel@gamerspress.com>
subject Re: OT: Hack Sign anime
date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:01:27 -0700 (MST)
.hack is actually a game/anime - when you purchase the game, you get
anther DVD with just the anime episodes.  The idea is that the episodes
tie into the game's plot, providing cues, background, etc.

The game's first episode is set to be relesed in the US shortly.  It's a
MMRPG/nonMMRPg game.  The story is that people playing thisi new online
MMRPG are coming down sick (like Tad Williams Otherland, I guess).  So
your character goes inside the game to find out what happened to his
friend.  The game is not truly online - the emails you get a fake (this
being on the PS2, BTW), but it's suppose to emulate the experience for the
sake of the story.

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Dennis Goens II wrote:

> Look it's Neve's Crossing! (A song from the Unreal
> Mission Pack) Very good one indeed.
>
> But now to go off topic but not off anime... Who has
> heard of ".Hack//Sign"? I've downloaded the fansubbed
> first episode and it looks relitively good. It's like
> taking Everquest and making an anime out of it, with
> the main character getting trapped in the game. Kinda
> like a Tron thing...
>
> Any comments?
>

> --- NeveQueen@aol.com wrote:
> > Hihi all,
> <SNIP>
> >
> > Heather
>

> ===
> Dennis "GrrDraxin" Goens - The Lost God
> "We are the Otaku. You will be animized  (anime-ized). Your visual
> and audible distinctiveness  will be added to our own. You will adapt
> to being collected and viewed by us. Resistance is unlikely (futile)."
>                                             --- Lord GrrDraxin
> Sig Revision version 3.5
> Copyright  1999-2002 GrrDraxin Industries

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs