Re: Volume 25 back cover

to <megami@ml.usagi.org>
from "Steven Avery" <stevenav@worldnet.att.net>
subject Re: Volume 25 back cover
date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 22:21:11 -0800
----- Original Message -----
To: <megami@ml.usagi.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 2:18 PM
Subject: Re: Volume 25 back cover

> --- David Mandalis <mandalis@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > I think over the years, Fujishima
> > let Belldandy get kind of passed up in the costume department
> > compared
> > to some of the other Manga and is just now trying to catch back up.
>
> I've liked most of Belldandy's outfits, short skirts or no. The one
> she wore while riding her bike at the beginning of the Skuld/Sentarou
> story arc is probably my favorite.
>
> >  Which brings me back to subject that I was trying to bring up
> > earlier.
> >  For instance, what outfit has Urd or Peorth worn that kind of
> > stands
> > out in your memory other their Goddess Uniforms?
>
> For Urd, it's still that outfit she wore in "The Devil in Miss Urd".
> I'm not into S&M or leather/vinyl at all, but that just set her off
> so well. The whole lock and key motif was like an echo of her
> personality.

absolutely...

I was looking to find that one in my books and give the exact issue
numbers... but that one .. especially with the belt made of keys... that fit
her so well.

The thing is it fits her on so many different levels.. and I thought it was
more spandex or leather than vinyl...

The locks on the neck, and arms definately have a s&m connotation.. but the
belt made of keys is sort of a message... "hey there buddy.. you only get
one chance to unlock my lock... and you have all these keys you have to
choose from... and only one is gonna work for you. "

So at the same time it's carries the message of "I'm Urd... I''m a sex pot..
hear me purr"... it alo carries the message of ... "I'm keeping parts of
myself under lock and key... afraid to let them out for fear of
destroying"...

That outfit most definately is Urd....

The one that she's wearing as they leave the hotsprings resort is also very
much her... basically held together with buckles and belts... with little
flashes of skin peeking through... sort of like what she is... all brash on
the outside...with little peeks at the real urd underneath thats vulnerable.

> Other than her goddess costume, I haven't seen Peorth in an outfit
> which said "That's Peorth!"
>
> Brian Welch

Actually... I think there's only one outfit that really says "Peorth" to
me... and it's the "normal clothes" outfit she wore when Tamiya thought she
was interested in her... The bluejeans with cutaway areas that had been
worked with rose patterns... that outfit.. and the normality of it just
struck me as being more her.

I've never been able to really see that bikini outfit she wears as suiting
her... while when she wore the bluejeans ... that just seemed to speak right
to her core.

just my opinion

-Steve

Search field Search string