Re: FAQ Correction

to Megami ML <megami@ml.usagi.org>
from Brian Welch <bwelchz7@yahoo.com>
subject Re: FAQ Correction
date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 10:25:23 -0800 (PST)
--- Shaun Donovan <swatdon@ispwest.com> wrote:
> This is a great faq especially the dimensional explanations. I
> haven't read all of it but one thing stuck out. Peorth does have a
> domain. She is the Goddess of Eternity.
> She is supposed to be able to glimps a single instant anywhere in
> time but only an instant. Also Rind is the Goddess of War. It's not
> really a domain it's just who she is. Check these sites:
>
> http://www.goddessx3.com/html/introduction.html
>
> http://www.angelfire.com/anime4/thegoddessoffice/goffice.html

Ah, the "Goddess of Eternity" or "Goddess of Forever" urban legend
again. Peorth doesn't have a domain. At least no domain has ever been
mentioned in AMG canon.

The whole "Peorth = Forever" thing (I think this was even in the old
AMG FAQ) came about from speculation when Peorth was first introduced
back in the mid/late 1990's. Belldandy, Urd, and Skuld had domains,
so it was speculated that Peorth might have one as well. Someone
suggested "forever" and before you knew it, many people had simply
accepted this speculation as fact. Of course, this argument totally
ignored the fact that the 3 sisters were *Norns* and of course had
domains, while Peorth was nothing of the sort.

An even bigger whopper of a rumor which originated about this time
was that Belldandy had called Peorth "auntie" (another bug in the old
AMG FAQ, unfortunately).

Neither rumor was true. There has never been a domain mentioned for
Peorth in the manga or movie, and Peorth certainly isn't Belldandy's
aunt.

Thanks for taking the time to double-check the FAQ, though. ^_^

Brian Welch

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited