Re: New York Expo anime convention

to megami@ml.usagi.org
from skuld@goddos.net
subject Re: New York Expo anime convention
date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 23:11:41 -0700
John Hummel wrote:

> You know, I've never been to a con of any kind.
>
> Honestly, the idea scares me.  Attending events like E3 every year is
> scary enough (I always find myself either wanting to kill a) the guys
> who have to play their games at such a high volume I can't ask interview
> questions, b) the "booth babes" that publishers want me to take my
> picture with (which I usually refuse, since I'm not *that* deperate)).
>
> Then again, a con would be interesting - people there just because they
> want to be, to show off their love of anime, not there to pimp their
> products.
>
> Ah, well.  I'll have to find one in Utah someday.  Have fun!

Utah doesn't have one (and, as far as I know, there aren't any plans for one)
but Nan Desu Kon in Denver is probably the closest to you. It's a small/midsize
con that seems to be fairly laid back. It's happening Sept 20-22, with the
following guest list: singer Mari Iijima; artists Noboyuki Ohnishi, Panther
Comics, Robert DeJesus, Newton Ewell, Susumu Sakurai, Sean the Touched; actors
Crispin Freeman, Tristan MacAvery, Bob Bergen, Deb Rabbai, Scott McNeil, Wendee
Lee (tentative), Taliesin Jaffe, Jonathan Osborne; producer Keith Burgess;
writers Cynthia Hands, Nov. Takahashi; animator Scott Frazier

more info can be found at http://www.ndk.cc/

> John Hummel

Damien Roc
who, in another guise, does guest relations stuff for Sakura-Con

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs