Re: 168 in english

to Megami ML <megami@ml.usagi.org>
from Brian Welch <bwelchz7@yahoo.com>
subject Re: 168 in english
date Mon, 5 Aug 2002 16:39:47 -0700 (PDT)
--- Chan Wei Lik <wlchan@subdimension.com> wrote:
> I'm sure many of you will be pleased to hear that AMGNN has
> released the
> english translation of 168. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, although the
> english feels... stiff to me.

Not as stiff as the artwork these days. Urd and Peorth look like
they've been drawn with crayons in some panels. Urd is also looking
very masculine in a couple panels, while Peorth looks empty-headed.

> I love to hear what the rest of you think about this chapter.

Mainly confusion, though it's cute when Keiichi explains that Rind
said he can support an angel because he receives love from many
goddesses and Urd and Skuld ask which goddesses he means.

I really can't tell where this is going. Either Keiichi gets to keep
an angel, or Belldandy really adjusts herself to accept it (least
likely, IMO) or that final comment from Urd means that Hild may
become involved with this again.

Brian Welch

Search field Search string

archive list