Re: 801 TTS Airbats and other Fujishima tidbits

to megami@ml.usagi.org
from Mike Dungan <martialstax@yahoo.com>
subject Re: 801 TTS Airbats and other Fujishima tidbits
date Tue, 9 Jul 2002 09:13:09 -0700 (PDT)
--- 'CuSO4' Yung <cuso4@cuso4.com> wrote:
> She is not voicing Li Shaoran, but Li Meilin,
> Shaoran's
> cousin.  Li Shaoran is voiced by Kuma-chan (Kumai
> Motoko).
>
> Nogami Yukana has changed her stage name to just
> Yukana
> starting 2002/4/1.

My mistake. I originally thought it was Meilin, but
somehow I got myself turned around and thought it was
Shaoran. So many names to keep straight.

> > Ikuko Inoue's Saginomiya is
> great....................
> > ..............................She also loves to
> sing
> > karaoke. The problem is that she loves to sing
> > traditional Japanese ballads, and every time she
> gets
> > up to sing, everyone finds something else to do.
> Fast.
>
> That type of songs is called Enka.

I've become very interested in enka lately. I have a
couple of CDs, Seishunka nenkan 1970 BEST 30 and
Seishunka nenkan 1971 BEST 30 that have a lot of enka
songs on them. It can be beautiful, melodramatic and
overwrought, and heartbreaking all at the same time.

> > Of course, being Kikuko Inoue, when she does sing,
> > it's absolutely lovely. That doesn't mean her
> fellow
> > pilots appreciate it, though.
>
> Very lovely, especially in one of the Aozora
> Shoujotai
> event she sang it while wearing a blue yukata.

You lucky lucky man. Getting to see some of my
favorite seiyuus in concert nearly every week. I'm
going to have to break down and move to Japan. There's
just no getting around it.

Oh, one more thing about 801 TTS Airbats. There is a
preview for Sakura Wars 2 in it. (The connection to
this mailing list being that the Sakura Wars
characters were all designed by Kosuke Fujishima.) It
features Urara Takano singing the rousing opening
theme "Geki! Teikoku Kagekidan" ("Attack! Imperial
Floral Assault Team"). Her voice isn't very strong,
but she has a rich, deep voice that I really love.

With Sakura Wars 2, You're Under Arrest and eX-Driver
all coming out on DVD in the US this year, that's a
lot of Kosuke Fujishima designed anime I'm going to
have to buy.

Finally, I bought the latest GAINAX manga, Abenobashi
Mahou Shotengai ("Abeno Bridge Magical Shopping
District"). This is the version by Kenji Tsuruta (who
created "Spirit of Wonder") that runs in Afternoon
magazine, the same magazine as Ah! Megamisama. Kosuke
Fujishima drew a very beautiful picture of Arumi, the
main character. It's a full page and in full color.
And since the book is much larger than a regular
tankouban, you get to see it in greater detail. Skuld
now has a competitor in the "kawaii" department.

Mike the Bike

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited