Re: Tech FAQ v0.3

to megami@ml.usagi.org
from Brian Welch <bwelchz7@yahoo.com>
subject Re: Tech FAQ v0.3
date Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:47:42 -0700 (PDT)
--- Sam the man <shay@mcs.vuw.ac.nz> wrote:
> > >2D.  WHAT IS THE DEMONS' COMPUTER SYSTEM?
> [snip]
> > >Perhaps, then, Nidhog goes through Yggdrasil when a demon
> performs magic?
> >
> > I don't think so. If Nidhog needed to go through Yggdrasil for
> demons to
> > perform magic, then it would be all too easy for the gods to
> abort any
> > magic that might be harmful to their interests. If any such links
> existed,
> > they are likely to be covert.
>
> I'm trying to recall, have we discussed the idea that Nidhog is a
> "parasite" on Yggdrasil?

Hurray, Sam's going Norse on us!

*Does Senbei's happy dance*

> That would cover quite a lot of the how/why bases.

Chan Wei Lik and I have agreed to disagree on this point, since
neither can find much evidence either way. Coming from the Norse
perspective, I see Nidhog as a separate system running in its own
space on the Yggdrasil hardware (often done in
mainframes),essentially a non-benign parasite. Chan Wei Lik sees them
as completely separate but equal systems on the same network. At
least I think that's how he sees it. I'm sure he'll correct me if I
have him wrong. ^_^

I'm sure there are other interpretations as well.

Brian W.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited