RE: megami ML matome okuri (Anyone there? I'm so lonely.)

to Megami ML <megami@ml.usagi.org>
from Brian Welch <bwelchz7@yahoo.com>
subject RE: megami ML matome okuri (Anyone there? I'm so lonely.)
date Wed, 5 Jun 2002 14:35:29 -0700 (PDT)
--- Lord GrrDraxin <grrdraxin_r@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well, now that I can consider myself back among the
> living gods and goddess once again, I think I'll throw
> my own monkey wrench into the bender.
>
> I have noticed in AMG that they make many "computer"
> references. The way I see it is that the 3D dimension
> is a lot more than we are lead to believe. It is said
> by our #1 goddess Belldandy, that nature is what
> "powers" the local entities, IE: the various minor
> demons, ghosts, and other supernatural phenomenon.

I wonder what powers a shinentai? It's an expression of will,
but would it require a power source to continue its existence?
Probably, a shinentai taps into the natural energy matrix the
way nature spirits do.

> Even the moon, which is in our realm, is a source of
> power.

Or perhaps it acts as a refinery for power from other
sources.

> I'm sure that if we examine their "Network" we can
> find some more loopholes in the "Heaven, Hell, and
> Earth" organization.

If we only knew more about their network.

> Now I've seen AMG chp. 166. Is it me, or has
> Fujishima's art been morphing again? There seems to be
> a different look the the eyes of the characters these
> days.

This thing with the whole iris showing is certainly new.
Reminds me of Chobits. ^_^;

> Skuld also looks like she's been reduced in age.
> Now she looks like she's 9 or 10 years of age.

I must be getting used to that. It didn't bother me
this time.

> Maybe we should start making an evolutionary time line
> for the AMG series. It seems the artwork of
> the series has evolved from day one to present at
> least 4 times. And there are those story arcs that we
> can tell where the art makes it's change.

The Oh My Goddess! Manga Gallery has just such a timeline
for the main characters, but hasn't been updated in a
while.

http://omg.tfenet.com/skuld/

> Urd and Belldandy's changes are more subtle, but
> you'll see some differences if you look closely and if
> you have some reference material(like the earlier
> mangas).

I'm still in mourning over the loss of that stray curl
of hair Urd used to have. ;_;

Brian W.

Search field Search string

archive list