RE: megami ML matome okuri (Anyone there? I'm so lonely.)

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from Lord GrrDraxin <grrdraxin_r@yahoo.com>
subject RE: megami ML matome okuri (Anyone there? I'm so lonely.)
date Wed, 5 Jun 2002 10:15:53 -0700 (PDT)
Well, after a while I began to wonder if I'm being
blocked or got the ML address wrong So here are the
messages I sent:

Please forgive me if you have already seen these, I
just don't want to feel like I'm talking to myself.
It's not like I can answer my own questions, you know.
^_^

------------message #1-------------

Anna Lien wrote:
> Yeah It's my birthday! Thought I'd like to share!
>
> ~Tomoyo (Anna)

Uhm.... Happy LATE Birthday?

Lord GrrDraxin, now at College. ^_^
Dennis Goens II

P.S. It's been a long time hasn't it people? Now
internet is availble for me only at college. it's
fast, it's free (for the moment), it G rated....DOH!

------------message #2-------------

Well, now that I can consider myself back among the
living gods and goddess once again, I think I'll throw
my own monkey wrench into the bender.

I have noticed in AMG that they make many "computer"
references. The way I see it is that the 3D dimension
is a lot more than we are lead to believe. It is said
by our #1 goddess Belldandy, that nature is what
"powers" the local entities, IE: the various minor
demons, ghosts, and other supernatural phenomenon.
Even the moon, which is in our realm, is a source of
power.

I'm sure that if we examine their "Network" we can
find some more loopholes in the "Heaven, Hell, and
Earth" organization.

My time is short, so I'll be going.

Till next week. Same Goddess time, same Goddess place.

Lord GrrDraxin
Dennis Goens II
------------message #2-------------

Hi, do you know the prices of the following figure
items? Yes, the 1/1 scale Belldandy looks like she
might be a quite expensive goddess. I'd estimate well
over $4,000 U.S. cash(I dare not try the yen
conversion).

More following clipped section:
> From: "'CuSO4' Yung"
> Replicant Vol.10, 2002/5/30

> 1/1 Belldandy (165 cm), 1/6 Shoujo Belldandy,
> 1/4 Swim suit Belldandy, 1/6 Swim Suit Skuld,
> 1/6 Swim Suit Belldandy :
> http://www.cuso4.com/temp/rep10-03m.jpg

> Peorth 1/8 :
> http://www.cuso4.com/temp/rep10-01m.jpg

> Skuld VI, Skuld VII, Belldandy 1/7 :
> http://www.cuso4.com/temp/rep10-02m.jpg

> 1/7 Belldandy Battle Uniform Version :
> http://www.cuso4.com/temp/figman02sp-02m.jpg

Now I've seen AMG chp. 166. Is it me, or has
Fujishima's art been morphing again? There seems to be
a different look the the eyes of the characters these
days. Skuld also looks like she's been reduced in age.
Now she looks like she's 9 or 10 years of age.

Maybe we should start making an evolutionary time line
for the AMG series. It seems the artwork of
the series has evolved from day one to present at
least 4 times. And there are those story arcs that we
can tell where the art makes it's change.

These changes seem to effect the goddesses the most,
and I don't mean just the hairstyles. Skuld's eyes for
instance if you tab various parts of the overall AMG
story since her arrival, she's changed a lot. From
kiddish, to preteenish, to adolescence, back to
preteen/kiddish looks. Never, except her first
appearance, has she had the big really round defined
eyes.

This leads me to believe that she may never grow up.
Hey, her and Peter Pan would get along just fine. ^_^
But then that would mean that she'd never become what
Belldandy is today. She'd never grow up to that point
of maturity, even though she oh so want's to.

Urd and Belldandy's changes are more subtle, but
you'll see some differences if you look closely and if
you have some reference material(like the earlier
mangas). So I wonder if Fujishima-san is training
other artist in his techniques and letting them handle
some of the work... or of he's just changing his style
every so often.

*sniffs* What's that smell? *touches head* Ouch! Hot!
Okay, I think that's enough for the time being. I need
to go and dunk my head in a water trough for a couple
of hours.

Be seeing you.
Lord GrrDraxin, Big God on campus.
Dennis Goens

P.S. I wonder if they used that fragile stuff to make
the 1/1 scale Belldandy. What did they use? Anyone
know?

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited