Re: Kami-sama = Allah?[WAS What about chapter 166?]

to megami@ml.usagi.org
from Mike Dungan <martialstax@yahoo.com>
subject Re: Kami-sama = Allah?[WAS What about chapter 166?]
date Fri, 31 May 2002 14:05:25 -0700 (PDT)
--- Brian Welch <bwelchz7@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Mike Dungan <martialstax@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > And I thought marrying a muslem woman was
> > problematic enough... At least my wife's dad
> > wasn't Allah himself.
>
> I was wondering something, if your wife doesn't mind
> me prying. Specifically, within the reality of the
> series (i.e. not in real life) does she think
> Kami-sama is Allah? I ask this because Muslims are
> monotheists, as are Jews and Christians (though I
> wonder if some of my fellow Christians know what
> that
> means), which becomes problematic when you begin
> talking about a Heaven populated with gods and
> goddesses.
>
> Of course, I realize she may not have an opinion
> either way on this (is she even an AMG fan?), but I
> was just wondering since she's the only Muslim I can
> remember mentioned here on the ML.

I've tried to interest her in manga and anime, but
she's just not interested. On the subject of the OMG
pantheon, I'm afraid I can't even ask her right now.
She's in Turkey preparing to travel to Korea with the
Turkish State Theater to perform for a few weeks.

However, on the subject of Islam, she is a very
independent minded woman. She does believe in Islam,
but she does not allow the fundamentalists to dictate
how she should live her life. Just as I don't allow
Christian fundamentalists to dictate how I live my
life.

Mike the Bike

Search field Search string

archive list