RE: On today's AMG page a day calendar

to megami@ml.usagi.org
from Mike Dungan <martialstax@yahoo.com>
subject RE: On today's AMG page a day calendar
date Mon, 4 Feb 2002 09:43:55 -0800 (PST)
--- Sam the man <ngalyod@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Oh, bugger.  The ruler of demons has a Star of
> > David?  That's a wee
> > bit...uncomfortable.  Well, now I know where Urd
> > gets her looks from.
>
> What this means though is that for the eventual Dark
> Horse release of this arc they'll have to doctor
> Hild's forehead to change the sign...
>
> Sam the man

Unlikely. Dark Horse didn't edit any of the artwork
for Blade of the Immortal, even though the lead
character walks around with a giant swastika on the
back of his clothes. They just put in a little
disclaimer at the beginning of each issue pointing out
the pre-Nazi meaning of the symbol. In all likelyhood,
Hild's emblem won't even be an issue. It should also
be pointed out that while Hild's emblem can be
described as a 6 pointed star, it's sufficiently
unlike the Star of David to avoid controversy (except
among those who want to see something in it).

Mike the Bike

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited