RE: Megami Technical FAQ

to megami@ml.usagi.org
from Brian Welch <bwelchz7@yahoo.com>
subject RE: Megami Technical FAQ
date Mon, 4 Feb 2002 07:56:14 -0800 (PST)
--- Sam the man <ngalyod@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > You might want to use
> > analogies dealing with
> > computers instead, given that Yggdrasil is more
> like one than a TV station.
>
> Gonna have to disagree with you here. Despite the
> fact
> that a computer analogy would be more in tune with
> the
> AMS cosmology it wouldn't be anywhere as elegant an
> explanation as Brian's TV one. Full marks.

Not mine, actually, it was Feyman's.  ^_^

Since Fujishima decided to use string theory, I'm
going to stick with the analogies the string theory
community uses to explain themselves.

Given the fact that Yggdrasil is a computer, an
analogy of a bit stream from Yggdrasil (Nidhog as
well?) feeding (programming?) the superstring would be
a good idea. I have no idea of an analogy to explain
the emulation/reconstruction bit, though. It's obvious
Yggdrasil isn't just a data processor if it can do
stuff like that.

Brian W.

Search field Search string

archive list