RE: Megami Technical FAQ

to megami@ml.usagi.org
from Brian Welch <bwelchz7@yahoo.com>
subject RE: Megami Technical FAQ
date Mon, 4 Feb 2002 07:48:27 -0800 (PST)
--- Kitsu <legionkat@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > It is interesting to note that Fujishima never
> > mentioned that 10
> > dimensional thing again after volume 5. Maybe he
> is thinking that it was a mistake?
>
> Actually, a majority of current theory is based on
> an
> 11 dimensional model. Also, the 'string' analogy is
> always being modified and altered as understanding
> as well as theory advance and change.

I thought about mentioning this, and the FAQ probably
needs to take it into account. I don't think the FAQ
needs to include the Bosonic flavor of string theory
(26 dimensions) since it has real problems, but I
suppose it needs a reference to current thoughts in
string theory. Of course, in the early 90's when TMUrd
came out in Japan, physicists weren't seriously
talking 11 dimensions in string theory (if they were
at all).

Besides, as fun as it would be, this FAQ doesn't need
to rigorously explain string theory.

> I suppose that it's close enough for government
> work, got most of the theory down right. I'd have to

> pull a couple of my books for an in depth discussion
> though,
> and I've got enough projects at this point. Besides,
> havn't done hard core theoretical physics in a year.

It's been much longer than that for me! ^_^;

> The math would probably give me headaches.

Amen, brother! ^_^;;

Brian W.

Search field Search string

archive list