Re: New scans from Afternoon

to <megami@ml.usagi.org>
from "'CuSO4' Yung" <cuso4@cuso4.com>
subject Re: New scans from Afternoon
date Sun, 3 Feb 2002 22:51:50 +0800
> From: <mandalis@earthlink.net>
> Some news...there will be a second edition of the PostCard
> books both for YUA and AMG.  The first picture on the
> webpage does not directly attend to the story but I think
> I would need some medical help often if she was the local
> clinic's nurse.

For the Belldandy nurse, it is from the Daigassaku2
project.  There are totally 2 Daigassaku project,
which is organized by Kodansha to have manga artists
to joinly draw something.

Daigassaku 1 have 30 afternoon artists drawing their
own version of Belldandy in swim suit.  The most famous
one is of course Shirow Masamune's Belldandy.

Daigassaku 2 have the setting in a hospital, with
all afternoon characters in the manga story.  Belldandy
is a nurse.  There is also one famous page of many
Skuld drawn by all the manga artists.

Apparently, there will be a mook published in on 2/22
which contains both Daigassaku and Daigassaku2.  1000
yen.

This issue of Afternoon is also having all-reader-present
of mousepads/quo-cards of the characters in Afternoon.
For AMG, there are Belldandy mousepad and Urd/Skuld
mousepad.

> Short synopsis...

Chapter 162: Goddess of the Axe

> Belldandy breaks the curse by purifying the Demonic Angel
> that Hild infected her with.  With Hild distracted Skuld
> powers up and sends her angel to break the shed skin from
> the Angel Eater which has imprisoned the other goddesses
> angels.  After shattering the skin the other angels break
> forth and return to their hosts.  This results in Belldandy
> no manifesting 2 angels and Hild trying to figure out a
> counter attack.

Right after Belldandy "purified" the evil angel, K1
launched a "Cool and Iceblade" attack with Cool Mint,
Rind's 2nd angel, which was lent to K1.

Hild ducked but the target was really the angel-eater.
The front part of the angel-eater was frozen to ice.

Nobel Scarlet then attacked the mouth of the angel-
eater and successfully pull out the eaten angels :
Holybell, World of Elegance, and Gorgeous Rose, from
the angel-eater.

However, Rind's first angel was still caught up in the
angel-eater's claws.

> Lind is unable to go on the offensive
> without her angel as a power boost, so gloms onto Keichii
> and absorbs through a very close embrace her angel back.

K1 found that after Rind got back Cool Mint, he felt a
strong sense of "loss" which forced him to collapse.
He then realised that the goddesses must have felt the
effect multi-fold than his.

> She then takes off one of her limiters and produces a
> very large battle ax.  The last panel is her flying
> toward Hild fully armed.

Next chapter : the duel between Rind and Hild.

In the edge of the pages of the chapter, comments from
readers on previous chapters were being printed.  In
one of the comment about the evilization of Belldandy
by Hild, one reader commented "Thank you !" and then
'cried'.  ^_^;;

--
'CuSO4' Yung
cuso4@cuso4.com, cuso4@manbow.com, chyung@hknet.com, cuso4@cuso4.org