RE: Megami Technical FAQ

to <megami@ml.usagi.org>
from "Chan Wei Lik" <weimin@pl.jaring.my>
subject RE: Megami Technical FAQ
date Sun, 3 Feb 2002 22:33:34 +0800
-----Original Message-----
> From: Brian Welch [mailto:bwelchz7@yahoo.com]

>I've been having trouble sending this to the ML.
>Hopefully it will go through this time!

It did this time. Is this just the first part? There's so much more to
talk about, even if it's just about the technical matters.

>1. HOW DOES THE AMG UNIVERSE WORK?

>2. WHERE IS HEAVEN?

>3. WHAT IS THE PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE GODDESSES?

I'll skip these. Just because I disagree with your interpetation doesn't
mean you need to change it. You might want to use analogies dealing with
computers instead, given that Yggdrasil is more like one than a TV
station.
It is interesting to note that Fujishima never mentioned that 10
dimensional thing again after volume 5. Maybe he is thinking that it was
a mistake?
BTW, the mini-goddesses gig is not canon.

>4. HOW POWERFUL ARE THE GODDESSES?

>1. The first kind of attack is the raw power "blow
>something up" attack, the kind of thing you find in Dragonball.

Also known as the energy blast.

>Without her limiter she is capable of Dragonball-like levels of
destruction.

I'd say that that she is capable of more than that.

>2. The second kind of attack is the spell. While less spectacular and
requiring more time >and effort on Belldandy's part, it is virtually
unstoppable by anything in the universe.
> This is because spells in AMG are actually programs running on
Yggdrasil.

I believe that a spell-program could be stopped by a skilled "reality
hacker". It is also possible that those spell-programs are not exclusive
to the goddesses but are a fundemental part of the operation of reality.

Also, it would appear that such spells are inadequate for countering the
effects of a demonic contract. If it weren't, Belldandy could have
easily cancelled Sayoko's wish by Mara, back when she wanted to be Queen
of the Campus again.
And of course, there's just no defense against the "Goddesses' Song"

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs