Re: new scans from Afternoon

to <megami@ml.usagi.org>
from "Steven Avery" <stevenav@worldnet.att.net>
subject Re: new scans from Afternoon
date Tue, 1 Jan 2002 11:47:13 -0800
----- Original Message -----
To: <megami@ml.usagi.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2002 10:53 AM
Subject: Re: new scans from Afternoon

> Well you could the beads of sweat on Keichii, and part of
> a private theory is that when she isn't trying to personify the
> "good girl" appearance to Skuld especially knowing Keichii's
> reaction she dresses a lot differently.  If you look at the
> chapters before Skuld makes an appearance she wears her share
> of mini length outfits and dresses up as the motorclub 'mascot'
> on more than one occasion.  I think she is showing her 'repressed'
> exhibitionism, and that after her Catharsis (which appears to be
> starting on the last page (last scan).  She may finally resolve
> her inferiority complex and take a more aggressive stance towards
> Keiichi, especially in costume.  I think Urd may find some pieces
> of clothing missing from her inventory in the future and Keiichi
> needing blood transfusions from all the nosebleeds.

Well , I don't know about that helping her resolving her inferiority
complex.
Part of her complex is that she knows that Keiichi gives his love to her and
expects nothing in return (he still doesn't think he's worthy of her), and
being on the recieving end of that sort of storybook love, I think she
wonders if she's really 'worthy' of total altruism. I mean, from the way
she's acted about herself, she's made mention many times that she is jealous
and wants all his love to herself, and she thinks that she's selfish, and
ungoddesslike for being likethat. I think that's the root of her insecurity.
That plus she is maybe thinking that he'll outgrow his "innocent" love for
her, maybe moving on to someone like Chiro. Gotta remember, this is written
for the Japanese reader, and Bell, regardless of how perfect she is, is
still a foreigner, and that adds a sort of 'forbidden' twist to their
relationship since mariage to a foreigner is still looked at as not exactly
desireable to the Japanese, I know a woman down the street that married an
american and she was disowned by her family completely, they won't even talk
to her, and thats been 12 years.

However, it might be interesting if this unrepressed Belldandy spoke her
true heart to Keiichi while she's in her state, letting him know how she
feels about him. She's (many times) said how their relationship hurts her
because of her emotional vulnerability (when Peorth was trying to get K1 in
the sack she said that if she didn't love him it wouldn't hurt so much) and
Bell finally came out and said that she loved Keiichi (k1's wish was to know
how bell felt). Heck in that same arc I think was when Peorth confronted
Bell about not fulfilling all of K's needs (reminding her that K1 is a man)
and Bell fessed up to thinking about being with him in that way (a more
agressive, less innocent, side to her is there after all it seems) but that
it wasn't time yet.

Personally I'm thinking that since we're about to hit issue 160 pretty
soon.. that leaves 40 issues till issue 200. I'm betting that the plan is
that they are married either then, or arround 175. Having K1's parents show
up and approve of her was a step in that dirrection I think. But thats just
a guess, I'm betting this will have impact, but just what it is will not be
blatantly obvious, and instead it'll be more of a "gradual growth" thing.

> To who controls whom, the angels seem to reflect the subconscious
> attitudes of the goddesses and it becomes a 'chicken/egg' dilemma,
> so I think in the long run she instigates the angels dialogue and
> reacts accordingly.  Skuld ran into the same problem with her
> angel and giving a peck onto her 'boy friend'.  Which brings
> up what issue that Urd had in the active sense in dealing with
> her angel.
>
> dave m
>

> Steven Avery wrote:

Search field Search string