Re: more AMG scans

to "megami@ML.usagi.org" <megami@ml.usagi.org>
from mandalis@earthlink.net
subject Re: more AMG scans
date Sun, 04 Nov 2001 11:18:10 -0500
I took these down from PDD format to Jpeg, and then though a MGI
compressor dropped it down to what they said was web format.  I had
some options though and picked 1024 rather than 800 or 640.  I didn't
notice that much difference in size between the 1024 and 800 when I
ran some tests.  And the size of the scan had nothing to do with my
compression but the physical dimension of my scanner's scanning area.

dave m.

Aaron Ng wrote:

> Thanks for the great scans Dave. I love the Peorth one too!
> You should try a jpg compression level of 5 or 10 to keep the file size
> down.. And then you can put bigger pics as well
>

> Aaron
>
> 04-Nov-01 4:00:41 PM, mandalis@earthlink.net wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >CuS04 commented the other day when he did his excellent commentary
> >of the latest ep of the Manga that the cover was off the 14 month
> >calendar just released.  I have a copy of that calendar and have
> >scanned down what I could to the internet, see:
> >http://home.earthlink.net/~mandalis/_wsn/page4.html
> >
> >I had a size limitation, as my scanner will only do 8 1/2 X 11.
> >So I cropped out all of the "Date" stuff on the border and/or
> >cropped it down to one scan (so there was some truncation on
> >some scans).  This is just a preview for people that are interested
> >in buying the calendar, but want to know what they getting before
> >buying.  The Peorth picture is super.
> >
> >dave m.

Search field Search string

archive list