Re: Latest DH Issue

to megami@ml.usagi.org
from Brian Welch <bwelchz7@yahoo.com>
subject Re: Latest DH Issue
date Thu, 4 Oct 2001 14:43:32 -0700 (PDT)
--- Kitsu <legionkat@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > True, the May-Sept delay
> > was clearly Kodansha's fault, but Toren talked
> > about trying to get things back on schedule and
the
> > release dates from DH's website confirm this.  So,

> > why is it now going to be at least 3 weeks between
> > OMG chapters?
> >  If this were truly all Kodansha's fault,
> > shouldn't there be extra capacity lying around at
> > DH/SP?  I'm getting worried all over again.
>
> Extra capacity? How do you mean? The fact that they
> might have been sitting with their thumbs up
> wherever doesn't factor in. You can't save time.
They
> still have the same people, and it still takes just
> as long to actually DO the work once they get the
> stuff.
>
> People's worktime isn't something you can save, so I
> can't see how there would be any 'extra capacity'
> laying around making any effect. Maybe if you
> clarified that statement.

Yeah, you're right, my logic was faulty.  I was
suffering from an excessively P.O.'d attitude at
having to wait another week (hopefully just one).
When I start thinking with my emotions rather than my
head it's never a good thing.  ^_^

Thanks for the correction, Kitsu, this actually makes
me feel better knowing that there's a reasonable
explanation for the delays.

Now, I'm going to drown what's left of my sorrows in
massive quantities of Gold Digger!  ^_^

Brian W.

Search field Search string

archive list