RE: Dark Horse

to <megami@ml.usagi.org>
from "Tsunami" <tsunami@jyurai.co.uk>
subject RE: Dark Horse
date Sat, 1 Sep 2001 07:20:33 +0100
I think that everyone on this list would have been happy to see YUA replace
AMG in SMB (wheee, I gone acronym happy! ^_^).
I think that the readership would still have gone down tho, as YUA doesn't
have quite as large a fanbase as Ah my goddess in the west. You should also
factor in the fact that YUA ia currently quite popular in Japan, and the
rights to continue the comic (if they didn't already own them), might be
prohibitively expensive. You can't help but wonder why DH stopped printing
YUA in it's own editions. Is it because it wasn't selling? that would seem a
good reason to be wary of printing it in SMB.

Tsunami

-----Original Message-----
> From: Mike Dungan [mailto:martialstax@yahoo.com]
Sent: 01 September 2001 07:09
To: megami@ml.usagi.org
Subject: Re: Dark Horse

I have to admit I wasn't expecting to like Club 9,
just because I was never that great a fan of What's
Michael. But it really is a great story, and I'm still
buying SMB when it comes out. Still, I have to wonder
what would have happened to the sales of SMB if they
had replaced the "lost" issues of OMG with You're
Under Arrest instead, the other Fujishima title Dark
Horse currently owns the rights to. It just seemed
like an odd choice to introduce Club 9 instead.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs