Re: new issue of afternoon

to megami@ml.usagi.org
from Jani M <jani.makitalo@saunalahti.fi>
subject Re: new issue of afternoon
date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 04:09:25 +0300
On 31-Jul-01 Brian Welch wrote:

> But you don't have to match absolute power/skill
> levels to do that, only relative power/skill levels.
> In other words, match the most powerful/skillful demon
> with the most powerful/skillful god/goddess.  If one
> dies so does the other and the overall balance of
> power (regardless of which side has more) is still
> preserved.

So does this system take into account possible changes in skill and
power level? Lessay we have a lazy goddess skipping her studies and
stauing neophyte for centuries while her doublet pair grows in power
and skill to become a really wicked major demon. The gods will say
"stuff it! We'll go snuff our good-for-nothing neophyte to get rid of
this threat..."

> Mara's angel is Senbei!

> haha

> Come on, that was supposed to be a joke!  ^_^;

Ah. ;-)

> It's seemed to me that things have been unbalanced
> from the start, in the favor of Heaven.

So the doublet system actually works to their favor, rescuing them from
certain extinction. I mean, if the forces of the Almighty are superior,
what else stops them from eradicating their mortal enemies for good -
assuming their relations are (or have been) that strained. Of course,
this is Fujishima's universe, so these things simply don't happen. ^_^

And... I'm lagging in AMG mythos, so: is there a counterpart for the
Almighty? Assuming Nordic myths again and likening him to Odin, there
really needn't to be one. The Aesir & Vanir were the only gods and
their opposition were giants, not a bunch of evil gods (although Loki
and his progeny did switch sides come Ragnarok). The demons however are
a concept beyond Nordic myths.

- Jani
--
Overused SciFi cliches:
208. After twenty years of crew members being tossed around like rag

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs