Cars and Bikes (bike otaku warning)

to megami@ml.usagi.org
from Mike Dungan <martialstax@yahoo.com>
subject Cars and Bikes (bike otaku warning)
date Fri, 1 Jun 2001 15:07:03 -0700 (PDT)
--- Brian Welch <bwelchz7@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > 1. Sharp fans will recognize the vehicles shown
> off
> > by the Club. There's the
> > mountain climber from vol 9,
>
> WooHoo!  I loved the mountain climber!  Not that I
> could ride the thing without killing myself, but
> heh...

This brings up an interesting question. How many
people on this list share Fujishima-san's interest in
automobiles and motorcycles? I'm a motoryclist myself,
and have been for nearly 20 years. I got into anime
and manga in the first place because of Speed Racer 30
years ago. I haven't lost my passion for either
subject (anime/manga, cars/bikes). I currently ride a
1975 Honda GL1000 and a 1964 Triuumph Tiger T100SC.

Fujishima-san's attention to detail when drawing cars
and bikes is one of the reasons I love AMS/OMG so
much. When I read that issue with the Kawasaki
triple-engined mountain climber, I nearly choked. The
Kawasaki 750cc two-stroke triple from the 1970's is
simply one of the most insane engines ever put in a
motorcycle. It wasn't only that it was so powerful,
but the way the power was delivered. Instant and
uncontrollable. The throttle was more of a switch: no
power/all power. No one uses that engine in mountain
climbing because of the insane power delivery. Putting
it into a Honda mini-bike frame just made it all the
more crazy. Keiichi would have to be a superman to
control a bike like that. Or under the protection of a
goddess.

Mike
who apologizes for boring those who could care less
about the cars and bikes in AMS/OMG

PS. One day, I will build Keiichi's BMW motorcycle and
sidecar. I'll let everyone know when I do.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs