Re: Super Manga Blast [rant] [Somewhat OT]

to megami@ml.usagi.org
from mandalis@earthlink.net
subject Re: Super Manga Blast [rant] [Somewhat OT]
date Thu, 03 May 2001 13:30:51 -0400

Mike Dungan wrote:

> I'm hoping someone
> will bring Ken Akamatsu's Love Hina to the US. It's a
> great manga with a terrific story and art. I'll buy
> every issue of the comic and the graphic novels. Why?
> Because I've read the fan scans on the internet. Get
> wise! Realize the fans of your titles are your best
> sales tool!

Another Manga that they could capitalize on is the  Hyper Police
series or Kotetsu by MEE (I don't know of any big translation sites
for those).  Also, they could pick up Those Who Hunt Elves, again
the big scan/translation argument is not there.  I think that they
were forced to buy rights to various (for the US) relatively
minor comics in addition to the big hitters like AMG, 3X3 eyes,
Seraphic Feather just to get the contracts signed.  And now they
are trying to recoup that loss somehow by using the "minor"
strips as filler.

Dave M.

Search field Search string

archive list