Re: Super Manga Blast Wrapping Up AMG [Somewhat OT]

to megami@ml.usagi.org
from Jani M <jani.makitalo@saunalahti.fi>
subject Re: Super Manga Blast Wrapping Up AMG [Somewhat OT]
date Thu, 03 May 2001 14:57:37 +0300
On 02-May-01 Brian Welch wrote:

> I like 3x3 Eyes also, though it's a little confusing
> (maybe I just need more background info).

It might be because this 3x3 Eyes picks off where the DH TPBs (House of
Demons & Curse of the Gesu) end. Wouldn't have made too much sense to
re-publish those parts a third time.

> As for
> Seraphic Feather, I concur.  When the thought of an
> asteroid obliterating the entire cast doesn't faze you
> in the slightest, you have to wonder at the lack of
> character development (although it could be argued
> that some of the cast is, er, over developed).  Must
> be that lunar gravity.

Agreed. ^_^ The protagonists & antagonists are oddly flat (except for
certain assests ;-) and the drawing style is curious too (but
competent). I guess we all suffer anorexia in the future, then... Sunao
didn't eat much during the dinner, figures.

And while we're at this OT Dark Horse thread, can anyone tell me if they
ever pubished a TPB of "Hellhounds", on which the anime "Jin-Roh" is
based? I've been asking around for it but no luck so far...

- Jani
--
Overused SciFi cliches:
25. Two hostile factions colonize a planet within walking distance of

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs