Re: Super Manga Blast Wrapping Up AMG [Somewhat OT]

to megami@ml.usagi.org
from mandalis@earthlink.net
subject Re: Super Manga Blast Wrapping Up AMG [Somewhat OT]
date Wed, 02 May 2001 13:31:59 -0400
I'll continue to get SMB - but for 3X3 Eyes and yes they could have
picked up YUA very easily just not as CHEAP.  And that's what it was
economics, not consideration towards the art.  I don't think Dark Horse
realized how many people were buying the magazine just for the AMG
stories...and how easy it would have been to retain those readers with
YUA.  I think that's also why we haven't seen any new Manga style titles
recently from them...too afraid to spend the money.  Another title to
continue with would have been Drakun but again I think expense was the
carrying vote.

Dave M.

Brian Welch wrote:

> This past issue of Super Manga Blast has the last of
> the "missing" AMG chapters.  I'm going to keep
> subscribing for Shadow Star, but was rather aghast at
> the replacement series.  I hope Club 9 is better than
> the previews would suggest.  I was, of course, hoping
> for YUA!
>
> What are the plans of other folks getting SMB?  Are
> you going to stick with it?
>
> Brian W.

Search field Search string

archive list