Re: megami movie question

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from Bart Kelsey <kelsey.14@osu.edu>
subject Re: megami movie question
date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 23:44:39 -0500
Reverend Bachus wrote:

>>    Just wondering if the movie was supposed to follow any storyline?
>> IE. the oav series. Or if it was just a different storyline?
>
> There doesn't seem to be anything in the movie that contradicts the manga
> storyline (in the way the OVAs did).
>
> I do remember that Keiichi said that it had been 2 and a half years since
> Belldandy has first shown up. In the manga, hasn't Belldandy been around
> for 4+ years? Other than that, I don't see any reason why the movie
> couldn't safely live within the manga universe.

I see one--it's a technicality, really, but worth note nonetheless.  If
you've seen the Japanese manga, there's a scene in volume 15 where
they're all at an auto club party, and Sora does basically the same
thing she does at the party in the movie.  As for the movie's relation
to the OAVs, it's entirely possible that it takes place in the same
timeline--just a year or two later.

The irritating thing about all this is that it doesn't really go all
that well with either.  To know who all those characters are, you need
to have read the manga.  However, the movie is major enough that there's
really no way it could be slipped into the manga timeline.  Where would
you put it?  Why has Celestine never been mentioned before or since?
There's just no way to make it fit cleanly.  And with the OAVs, there's
a big enough gap in time that there really isn't any solid connection at
all.  Go figure.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited