Re: Fwd: Cellular Phone RIng Tones

to <megami@ml.usagi.org>
from "John \"Dark Paladin\" Hummel" <dpaladin@gamerspress.com>
subject Re: Fwd: Cellular Phone RIng Tones
date Fri, 9 Feb 2001 18:21:23 -0700
I have the 8260 phone - to make the AMG (My Heart, Your Heart) thing, I had
to use a couple of different programs (finally using one called MobileXpress
to transmit the converted hex file, and another called tonewin).

Basically, you take a MIDI file, and turn it onto text, then run it through
a hex transformer and email it to yourself.  And it doesn't sound quite
*right* yet - it needs to be sped up (which I'm goint to look at the file it
makes by hand).  Then you "email" it to your phone.

If you have that kind of phone, let me know and I'll send you a copy of the
text file I've made up, or just email it straight to your phone.

----- Original Message -----
To: <megami@ml.usagi.org>
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2001 3:46 PM
Subject: Re: Fwd: Cellular Phone RIng Tones

> At 12:01 PM 2/9/2001, you wrote:
> >>
> >> An older message, but I remembered it when I picked up my new Nokia
phone.

> Which reminds me to reiterate the question *I* had when I saw this older
message the first time, since nobody answered it the first time.  How does
one use these ring tone thingies?  Is there a site somewhere with a FAQ?
The user's manual on my brother's Nokia doesn't seem to have any info on it,
so I figured it was either an undocumented feature, or unsupported by his
model.  The trouble being that I have no way to know which it is.

> - Jimmy 'Gregor' McKinney
> vorlon#iglou.com - 3D, Mage, Anime, Eidolon, TTA, Miscellany
> http://www.skuchi.com/
> http://www.mapfinger.com/members/Gregor

Search field Search string

archive list